TOURING TIPS: What to know Before You Go.
A little preparation will go a long way toward a productive Parade of Homes tour.
- PLAN AHEAD: Several days before you go on the home tour, plan your route. Use the website and Parade “APP” to view map, addresses, home descriptions and driving directions. Depending on your point of origin, you can easily see four or five homes in one day or more. NOTE: The home addresses DO NOT get posted until close to the event. These are private homes and only available for viewing during the tour.
- INTERACTIVE TOUR: Download the Free Lakes Region Parade of Homes APP onto your mobile device. This will allow you to interact with the event even more… purchasing tickets, automatic driving directions from home to home, make comments, view enhanced builder profiles.
- MEET THE BUILDERS & DEVELOPERS: All featured builders are members of Lakes Region Builders & Remodelers Association, meaning they are experienced and affiliated with the widely respected home advocacy association, the National Association of Home Builders. They are passionate craftsmen, innovators and problem solvers who work together to custom-build the home of your dreams.
- WALKING: Wear comfortable shoes - you will be walking a lot. Some homes have long driveways and there may not be up-close parking. You will not be allowed to wear shoes into the homes so be sure to wear socks as a courtesy to the homeowner. Some homes may have booties at the front door to slip over the shoes but socks are preferred. NOTES: Give yourself enough time at each home to take notes. Most homes allow cameras. However, please be respectful of the builder/homeowners instructions.
- RESTROOMS: Parade homes do NOT offer public restrooms. Please plan accordingly.
- VOTING: Don’t forget to vote after you are all done touring the homes. Voting is done by going to the website or on the APP and you simply click YOUR FAVORITE. There are no special criteria to judge on but to pick the home that resonates as the best out of all the homes. The builder with the most votes from visitors will receive the “People’s Choice” award.
- SAFETY GUIDELINES: We are committed to keeping you safe. Visitors should follow guideline instructions at the time of the tour. Refrain from touching surfaces and handles in the home. Hand Sanitizer will be available at each home.